Why should your dog receive basic training?
Basic training can change your life from chaotic to wonderful when it comes to living with your dog. A professionally trained dog listens all the time, every time, in spite of distractions, and responds to you without fail.
Basic On-Leash Dog Training, Uncle Matty Style
Our dog-training method implements love, praise and affection.
It’s not a one-size-fits all solution, training is customized for your dog’s specific needs.
Basic commands are necessary functions for your dog's safety and the wellbeing of people and other animals. Commands are important at all times for a variety of reasons. If your dog is well trained, you have the control and that is important if you are a responsible dog owner. A well-trained dog is also able to communicate and function in your home and around others. Training is about function, control and prevention.
Consider the following:
A well-trained dog always responds to a command -- not just some of the time or part of the time. Why is this important?
- A dog cannot SIT and jump on a person at the same time.
- A dog cannot SIT and STAY and run out the door into traffic at the same time.
- A dog that obeys the HEEL command will not pull you down the street.
- A dog that responds to DOWN and STAY can enjoy being in the room with you without interfering with your mealtime or guests.
- A dog that COMES WHEN CALLED is not going to have to be chased.
- A well-trained dog is not a destructive dog. Destruction is expensive!
Training Includes Verbal and Hand Signals to Teach Basic Commands, Including:
- Heel and Automatic Sit
- Down and Down Stay
- Come When Called
- Response to “No” and “Okay”
Basic Training Will Solve Common Dog Problems, Including:
- Aggressive Behavior, Growling or Biting
- Excessive Barking
- Jumping on People, Fences, Furniture
- Running Away
- Stealing Food
- Nipping and Mouthing
- Pulling on the Leash
- Adjusting to a Child
- Chasing Cars
- Additional Problems of Annoyance
Wherever you live, Uncle Matty’s training help is available. Call